(key educational quote at 1:27 – 1:29)
Ah, there are so many things to keep up with in the Progressive Paradise. If we’re not worrying about our carbon footprint, we have to be aware of our heteronormitivity. For Liberals, the sins of Conservatives are manifest and manifold. Like “privilege.”
White and Male Privilege, particularly. For the oppressed who don’t know they’re oppressed, allow me to borrow an explanation from BoingBoing. “If you’re one of the privileged people, the privileges you receive are often completely invisible to you (emphasis added). So invisible, in fact, that you don’t even think of those things as privileges, and you don’t notice how they’ve made your life easier and better.”
Male Privilege, as explained by the video above, means that men have had it too good, for too long (all those higher male death rates at work and shorter life spans than women are just another completely invisible gift of men’s elevated position). What Male Privilege means to feminists is that men had better keep their mouths shut about anything to do with womyns and support whatever the Steinem Stormtroopers tell them to support. As our YouTube heroine above puts it, “No Uterus, No Right to An Opinion, #@$%#$$#! Male Privilege &!!$#$%#$%.”
White Privilege, similarly “is like an invisible weightless knapsack of special provisions, maps, passports, codebooks, visas, clothes, tools and blank checks. … As far as I can see, my African American co-workers, friends and acquaintances with whom I come into daily or frequent contact in this particular time, place and line of work cannot count on most of these conditions.”
In simplified political discourse terms, this means any critique of blacks by the melanin-deficient is racist by definition: first because whites have that invisible backpack of Pasty Privilege goodies and second, their very whiteness precludes any ability to authentically understand the Black Experience.
See how convenient Privilege is to shutting down discussion? Once the Right-Wing Riot realized the utility of crying “Privilege!” we discovered an entire eco-system of Privilege that needs to be “checked.” Herewith, a handy list of the Differently-Privileged and a peek at a few of the contents of their own invisible backpacks.
- Civilian Privilege – In their tasteful and ironically camouflaged manpurses, possessors of this Privilege assume
- People in the military are too stupid to do anything else
- All veterans are like the crazies you see on basic cable
- Wars are only fought for oil.
- White Professional Feminist Privilege – The matriarchs of the Privilege Checkers have designer purses chock full of assumptions, such as:
- Men should be thinking about women’s feelings every minute of every day, no matter what else those men are doing
- Men will try to control what a woman says, does, wears, or thinks, and this is oppression of the highest order
- Men, poor benighted creatures, need the discipline of thought and action that only a good Liberal Feminist can provide (often at high volume).
- Non-Gun Owner Privilege grants possessors the knowledge that
- Law Enforcement will shoot the Bad Person for you (because they are racist and you are not)
- Only individuals with self-esteem issues want to have a firearm
- If there were no guns, there’d never be a mass-killing by a crazy ever, ever, ever!
- Black Urban Criminal Privilege takes for granted that
- If you commit a crime, your race will never be a part of the news story
- You’ll never be subject to a DOJ “Hate Crime” prosecution no matter how heinous your offense
- You will only be recognized by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson if you were slain by a person of pallor and the Rappin’ Reverends think they can do some fundraising off your death.
And the list of the Privileged goes on!
- Hollywood Celebrity Privilege assumes everyone believes your thoughts on politics are well-thought out, meaningful, and slimming.
- Public Servant Privilege manifests when you’ve never actually had to produce anything while living off the fruits of other people’s labor, yet you are entitled (nay, required by law) to tell them how to run their business.
It’s easy to see that Privilege is everywhere. It’s our duty to remind people to check their Privilege often. The Invisibly Entitled won’t thank you for your selfless work, but do it anyway. Do it for the children.
(Editor’s Note: be aware once we begin Checking the Privilege of the Check Your Privilege People, we are likely to discover that some Privilege is more Privileged than others.)